The Death of Lazarus
1Now a certain man was ill, Lazarus of Bethany, the village of Mary and her sister Martha. 2It was Mary who anointed the Lord with ointment and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was ill. 3So the sisters sent to him, saying, "Lord, he whom you love is ill." 4But when Jesus heard it he said,
5Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus. 6So, when he heard that Lazarusw as ill, he stayed two days longer in the place where he was. 7Then after this he said to the disciples,
I Am the Resurrection and the Life
17Now when Jesus came, he found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb four days. 18Bethany was near Jerusalem, about two miles off, 19and many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother. 20 So when Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, but Mary remained seated in the house. 21Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you."23Jesus said to her,
28When she had said this, she went and called her sister Mary, saying in private,"The Teacher is here and is calling for you." 29And when she heard it, she rose quickly and went to him. 30Now Jesus had not yet come into the village, but was still in the place where Martha had met him. 31When the Jews who were with her in the house, consoling her, saw Mary rise quickly and go out, they followed her, supposing that she was going to the tomb to weep there. 32Now when Mary came to where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet, saying to him, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died."33When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in his spirit and greatly troubled. 34And he said,
Jesus Raises Lazarus
38Then Jesus, deeply moved again, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone lay against it. 39Jesus said,
There's a lot you can ay in this passage but what I want to focus on is the involvement of Jesus' disciples and people there with him when he resurrected the tomb.
1) Jesus asked the disciples "Where is he?" As God I expected Jesus to know where Lazarus is and this give off that Jesus wanted his disciples to point where Lazarus is.
2) Jesus asked for the people to remove the stone that covered the cave. I see this stone as part of our spiritual barrier that keep us from the awakening knowledge of God. He incorporate his believers to remove the barrier for Lazarus to become alive again.
3) Without removing the stone Lazarus would not heard Jesus' voice in calling him.
MNM Worship Night
- Running clears my head and a quiet time of reflecting on my life and my relationship with God.
- Hiking helps me see God's beauty in His majestic creation of the earth.
- Cooking and serving others help empty myself to worship God.
- Making art is a way of worship as an artist.
- Seeing God through develop of civilization.
- Seeing God by helping others.
- Seeing God through people watching.