Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 3 June 14, 2010

This is a glimpse of what Tribeca Arts 2010 art show theme will be this year. It is all about our paths intersecting with Jesus, art and other people stories. Today I mostly worked hard planning with my fellow interns prayer sessions for every Wednesday of our time here on project. It was fruitful and productive and I am remained of Ecclesiastes which talks often about our labor here on earth. I see God putting me to work on how can 'we' as a body of Christ work to cultivate compassion for loving others-complete strangers. Idea of "work" to me remind me of God being our ultimate Creator designing in stone our toil here on earth at different stages of our lives, whether that's school or profession we each have our own gifts and skills we possesses.
Exodus 35:35 He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as craftsmen, designers, embroiderers, in blue, purple and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers-all of them master craftsmen and designers.

I have a lot of friends who have a lot of talent but don't believe they have the faith to efficiently use what God given them. I was chatting with a peer of mine from George Mason on facebook and I been really encouraged by her. Her first name is Kelli and she's married and older but I love hearing her public confessing of faith within the art community. She told me a story last night about her time at Haywatch Art Camp in Maine and how she was mocked even ridiculed for her personal faith. There was this one painting professor there who react pretty shocking when she told her she is a painting major and colorblind. To the professor she was outrage and can't imagine the logic behind Kelli decision to be a painting major. It doesn't make logic sense to anyone really how can a color blind person mix paint on a palette? How can a person tell the difference between orange and blue? Funny thing is she is a remarkable painter. Her gift of painting can only be explained by God's hand in her life to break down people barriers of what we believes are limits.
Because our art show theme is intersections this summer I thought I share with you some key words we will be talking often about: intimacy, reunion, betray, pursuit, rejection, anticipation, sacrifice

I'm going to start a new thing to my blog updates where I want to tell about funny or interesting 'intersections' during my day with people and things.
My intersections today:
  • Ran across the studio cat got 5 small scratches when I was playing with her.
  • Ran into Joey Lee a friend from Penn State Epic who lives and work in the city for dinner at Wonjo, which he kindly offered to pay for my meal.
  • Ran into Willie a student from California here for the Epic track. His first meal here is Japanese curry.
  • Ran into a free Tara Helen O'Connor concert at Bryant Park.
  • Ran into Kelli a fellow artist from GMU on facebook chat and hear how God been working through her.

No comments:

Post a Comment